Today on the show we are joined by Will Primos, the founder of Primos game calls, the host of Primos Truth About Hunting TV show, and one of the leading voices in the deer hunting community. And today we’re chatting with Will about the whitetail rut, calling strategies for deer, hunting the south, and a whole lot more.
If you’d like to skip our intro discussions and get right to our interview with Will – fast forward to 24:50.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– An update on Dan’s recent hunts
– My first encounter with Holyfield this year
– Why I passed a big 9 in Ohio
– How Will’s hunting season has gone so far
– How Primos game calls came to be
– The importance of passion in life
– Consistencies between the most successful deer hunters
– How southern deer are different than those in the Midwest
– How to find and pattern mature bucks in the South
– Will’s very calling tactics and when to use them
– Thoughts on rattling for deer
– Are calling techniques going to work differently in different areas of the country?
– The importance of paying attention to the details as a deer hunter
– How the whitetail rut is different in the South
– The timing of the rut in the south
– Keys to success during the rut
– Will’s scent control thoughts
– Will thoughts regarding the future of deer hunting and what responsibility we as hunter’s hold
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– Here’s the video Will discussed featuring his big Mississippi buck
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!