Today on the show we are joined by Land Tawney, CEO of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, to help us better understand – from a hunter/angler perspective – the controversy surrounding recent proposed changes to Bears Ears and Grandstaircase-Escalante National Monuments and other public land news and challenges.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Why it’s important for hunters and anglers to understand public land issues and to stand up for them
– Why Dan and I value public land and wilderness areas
– Our public land plans for 2018
– What national monuments are and how they come to be
– What the administration recently announced in regards to reducing protections on several of the nation’s public lands and why hunters/anglers have reason to be concerned about this
– Clearing up a few national monument myths
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– To learn more about the Mathews Triax, click here
– To get involved with Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, click here
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!