Today on the show in celebration of our 200th episode we’ve got a panel discussion between three of the very best DIY deer hunters I know. And in this conversation we dive deep into the details of what it really takes to consistently kill big mature bucks in tough to hunt areas. This one is long, but it is pure gold!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– What it’s like being a dad!
– A few of our favorite episodes over the past 200 shows
– Who Andy May, Joe Elsinger and Jesse Coots are
– Should you scout or hunt more?
– A master-class on scouting
– How to use tracks to find a big mature buck
– The best time of year to kill a mature buck
– What mature buck “rut bedding” is
– Why late November is an under-rated primetime
– Keys to early season success
– How to hunt aggressive but smart – taking calculated risks
– How to develop good hunting instincts
– The specific challenges/moments that made these guys better hunters
– How these guys think about and use wind in their hunting strategy
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– To learn more about the Mathews Triax, click here
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!