Today on the show we’re preparing for #ShedRally weekend by sharing our best shed hunting advice and then we’re joined by Jeremy Moore to talk through some very interesting next-level antler dog insights.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The story of Dan’s latest shed hunting exploits, this time with his wife
– The tale of my best shed hunting day yet and scouting a new property
– Why efficiency is important when shed hunting
– Our top locations for finding shed antlers
– The best winter food sources for sheds
– The best winter bedding for sheds
– Our top gear recommendations for shed hunting
– The mental side of shed hunting
– Who Jeremy Moore is and what he does with Dogbone Hunter
– The basics of Jeremy’s shed dog training philosophy
– How to take a beginner shed hunting dog to a great shed hunting dog
– Why the handler is more important than the dog
– Dealing with a shed dog that doesn’t find shed antlers
– How to properly train and condition an antler dog
– Reviewing my shed dog training to date and diagnosing the mistakes I made
– Can you train an old dog?
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– To learn more about DogBone Hunter click here
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!