Today on the show we are joined by one of my favorite writers in the outdoor world, Bill Heavey. And we’re discussing lessons learned from hunting failures, native hunter-gatherer cultures, outdoor media and much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How being a father is changing how me and Dan see the world
– Why Dan doesn’t like pigeons
– My latest turkey hunting adventure with the MeatEater crew
– How I filled my 2018 Michigan turkey tag
– How getting a turkey compares to a deer
– How Bill got started hunting and fishing
– Bill’s archery obsession and the story of his first deer
– What it’s like turkey hunting with turkey hunting legends like Jeff Budz and Ray Eye
– Bill’s take on outdoor television
– Advice for talking hunting with non-hunters
– Thoughts on taking an animal life
– How to learn from failure in the woods
– Introducing a child to the outdoors and other thoughts on bringing new hunters into the fold
– Bill’s favorite books related to the outdoors
– What makes a good story?
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Visit Heavey’s author page on Amazon
– Click here to read Heavey’s articles on Field & Stream’s website
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!