Today on the show we are joined by Whitetail Properties land specialist and habitat consultant Jake Ehlinger to get an on-the-ground tour of his very own whitetail paradise and then break down exactly how he created it.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– A basic breakdown of how Jake went about getting a hunting property, what it was like when he got started, and how he began improving it
– How Jake makes his small property hunt like a big one
– Jake’s “aha” moment when improving his property
– How Jake creates and improves bedding areas
– Why Jake creates openings and paths throughout bedding areas
– How Jake “sweetens” bedding areas
– Using small sapling sprouts for deer food
– Spacing of habitat/bedding on a small property
– Properly locating food plots
– Can you have too many does?
– The story of “Brutus” and how this hunt demonstrated the success of Jake’s habitat work
– Jake’s thoughts on the moon and other variables that impact deer movement
– Trail camera strategies
– How Jake uses mock scrapes and licking branches to sweeten certain areas of his property
– How Jake finds and creates great access routes
– Why some places should not have quality habitat
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To watch Jake’s “The Perfect Hinge Cut” video, click here
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!