Today on the show Dan and I are joined by a brand new hunter, and we’re taking on the enormous task of trying to teach him (almost) everything he needs to know to get started deer hunting in just an hour and a half.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Why I wanted a podcast for beginner deer hunters
– A very quick look at what’s new in Dan’s family life
– The story of Conor’s very first hunt
– Thoughts on what weapons to start hunting with
– An intro to whitetail deer senses and why those senses matters
– High level deer behaviors that hunters need to understand
– How to find quality places to set up an ambush location
– How to observe and adjust when hunting
– What beginner’s need to know about “rubs” and “scrapes”
– Preparing a spot to hunt
– What to think about on the day of the hunt to help you determine where to sit
– How to think about the “wind” when hunting
– What to do while you’re sitting in the woods hunting
– Where to aim when shooting a deer
– How to handle the final moments of a hunt when you are actually shooting at a deer
– The basics of how to handle getting your deer out of the field and back home
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!