Today on the show I’m joined by Charles Post, Tyler Sharp and Brad Neathery to discuss their new publication Modern Huntsman and the question of how we represent and communicate our hunting lifestyle.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– What Modern Huntsman is
– Why Modern Huntsman was created and what issues it was created to address
– What stereotypes of hunters might turn away non-hunters
– Why the perception of hunting by non-hunters matters
– How public land management can be influenced by non-hunters and their opinions of hunters
– Does the statement “hunting is conservation” prove true even if we do nothing more than pay an excise tax?
– How hunting in Africa might impact hunting in America
– Who is a “modern huntsman”?
– Advice for better communicating with non-hunters about what we do
– Saying “harvest” or saying “kill”?
– Recommended books and films related to the outdoors, hunting, conservation
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties and the video I mentioned, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!