Today on the show we’re joined by Tom Ware, a former outfitter, Drury Outdoors team member, and one of the most consistently successful mature buck hunters in the country.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Tom Ware got started hunting and who his biggest influences were
– What Tom Ware learned studying under Stan Potts, Don Kisky, Bill Winke and Mark Drury
– How Tom got started in the outfitting business and what he learned about deer/deer hunting during that period that he still uses today
– How Tom balances his time between various hunting properties AND insight into the time Tom spends on each
– What to look for when buying a new property
– The importance of passing young bucks, if your goal is mature deer
– Thoughts on proper food plot placement
– Why more small food plots might be better than one big one
– August deer projects
– How Tom tracks individual bucks’
– Tom’s tough 2017 season
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!