Today on the podcast we’ve got Mark Drury of Drury Outdoors back with us again for a follow-up to his unbelievably popular Predicting Deer Movement episode that he did with us back in 2015. And this time we’re taking things to a whole new level.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How to follow along with our 2018 hunting season
– What the DeerCast app is and how it will work
– Why predicting deer movement is so important
– How Mark uses his knowledge about deer movement and DeerCast to choose where and when to hunt
– Examples from 2017 of how Mark Drury used movement predictions to kill mature bucks
– What Mark does when poor conditions are present
– What kinds of factors impact deer differently at different times of year
– What 11 influencers Mark Drury tracks when it comes to deer movement
– When during a cold front is best to hunt – before, during or after?
– Importance of departure from average temperature
– How warming trends can help deer movement in certain situations
– How barometric pressure impacts deer movement – and that varies by season and temperature
– When pressure subdues deer movement
– Is a rising barometric pressure or steady high pressure better?
– The impacts of pressure on barometric pressure on thermals, and how that impacts hunting
– Impacts of wind speed and direction on deer movement
– When its too windy or too still for good deer movement
– Analyzing my late October plan for Holyfield last year and how wind/temps impacted my decision
– When to bail out of a stand with poor wind
– How far away might a deer smell you
– Changes in wind speed and how it might impact deer
– Does humidity impact deer movement?
– What kinds of rains are good to hunt?
– How the moon might impact deer movement and rut intensity
– Outside factors like deer health and crop rotations that can impact annual patterns
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!