Today on the show we’re talking public land, hunting from the ground, finding hot sign and much more – and we’re joined by Zach Ferenbaugh of The Hunting Public.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Dan’s final pre-season thoughts and plans
– Has Holyfield showed up yet?
– New buck on my new property!
– How The Hunting Public came to be
– The story of Zach’s 2017 Nebraska hunt
– How to scout/hunt new properties using Zach’s aggressive bedding/sign focused scouting tactics
– Why and how Zach “wind bumps” bedding areas
– How to identify “hot sign” and how to determine if it should be hunted immediately
– Which sign matters
– The importance of having many options when hunting aggressively
– How to determine how to hunt just discovered deer sign
– How Zach pulls off his ground stalks
– The best conditions for stalking on the ground, but how to make the most of all situations
– Getting a shot with a bow from the ground without a bow
– The value of breaking “the rules” and trying new things
– The importance of the first sit
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!