Today on the show I’m joined by Land Tawney, CEO of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, to discuss the 2019 BHA Rendezvous, the success of the #KeepItPublic movement, a new round of challenges facing public lands, and predictions for the future.
- Land’s rallying cry for the 2019 Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Rendezvous
- Have we defeated the land transfer movement?
- How the land transfer movement is evolving
- What the newest threats to public lands look like
- Public land threats specific to the Midwest and other non-western regions
- What the passing of the John D. Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act means for outdoorsmen and women
- The final step needed to win the battle for the LWCF
- What big issues do we need to be paying attention to moving forward
- What do recent events mean for the future of public lands?