Today on the show Dan and I are joined by avid big buck hunter and outdoor writer Don Higgins and we’re discussing late season hunting tactics. Additionally, we’re also announcing our biggest giveaway of the year, for which there will be 17 winners! So be sure to listen to that announcement at the end of the show.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Updates on my late season hunting and Dan’s
– The equipment failure that kept me from shooting a late season doe
– How Don Higgins’ 2014 season has gone so far
– The story of how Don Higgins killed a 214″ buck on December 1st
– What the most important thing to keep in mind is while hunting late season deer
– Why hunting evenings during the late season is better than mornings
– The importance of timing during the late season
– What to do if the “right” late season weather doesn’t occur
– Insight into what the top food sources during the late season are, and how to create them with food plots or find them in the form of natural browse
– What kind of cover is best for late season deer
– The importance of a sanctuary for late season hunting, and at all times of year
– How to locate where bucks are taking sanctuary during the late season and how to hunt them there
– How to scout during the late season, and how lessons learned from previous years can help
– How Don uses trail cameras in the late season
– Scents, calls, decoys, etc and if they should be used during the later parts of the year
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– To see more from Don Higgins or to pick up one of his books, visit HigginsOutdoors.com
– If you’re looking for more late season hunting advice, I’ve shared a lot of it on the blog over the years, here are a few of those articles…
– The winner of the two Stic-N-Pics was announced on the podcast today, and Dan will be reaching out to the winners!
Our final giveaway of the year is open from now until Christmas Day 2014. And here’s how to enter.
1. Simply go to The Wired To Hunt Podcast page on iTunes or click the link below and then the button that says “View in iTunes”:
And once you go there, click the “Ratings & Reviews” tab, and then click the button that says “Leave a Review”. Then, simply write a short review, sharing your honest thoughts about the podcast!
2. Once you leave a review, go to The Wired To Hunt Facebook Page, and leave a comment on the top post (which will be a big image for the giveaway), and tell us what username you used to leave the iTunes review.
3. That’s it!
We’ll then select 17 different winners for the giveaway! Here’s what’s up for grabs …
– 12 Wired To Hunt Hats, 1 Redneck Outdoors T-Post Feeder, 1 Redneck Outdoors Portable Hunting Chair, 1 dozen Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter arrows, a Big & J prize package including several bags of BB2 and Mineral Meltdown, a one year Outfitter subscription to HuntSoft.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!