Today on the show we’re diving into the sticky topic of deer hunting politics, policies and problems. So buckle up, cause this one get’s a little feisty.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Dan’s first weeks of being a dad to his new son have went
– A recap of why the 2014 North American Deer Summit was held last year and why/how the National Deer Alliance was formed last summer
– What the goals of the 2015 North American Deer Summit were
– Who was and who wasn’t in attendance
– I rant
– A very brief overview of Day 1 at the Summit, beginning with the State of Whitetails and Mule Deer in America
– A whole bunch of thoughts on the captive deer industry
– I rant
– Disease impacts on deer
– Predators and deer
– And we even dive into the wolf debate
– Learning to disagree without being disagreeable
– I rant
– Challenges between hunters and wildlife agencies
– How to increase hunter recruitment and a conversation of if we should even do that
– Why you should join the National Deer Alliance
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– To join the National Deer Alliance, visit NationalDeerAlliance.com
– For more details regarding what happened at the 2015 North American Deer Summit, visit this link for a summary of articles on Outdoor Life
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their Facebook page this month for daily giveaways
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!