Today on the show we’re talking all things fall food plots, and joining us is food plot expert Jon Cooner. (FYI – if you want to skip our rambling and sometimes comical intro, and get right to the food plot info, skip to about 19:00)
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Updates from my first trail camera pull in Ohio and Dan’s newest giant Iowa buck
– An introduction to Jon Cooner and his food plot experience
– The most important things to think about when getting started with food plots
– The importance of a lab soil test
-How should you choose what to plant?
– Greatest misconceptions about food plotting
– How to utilize tiny food plots
– Basic steps to implementing a simple fall food plot
– Are food plots necessary in farm country?
– What types of food plot forages are best in what situations?
– What food plot designs are best
– Why you should rotate your food plot crop
– The biggest mistake food plotters make
Show notes, resources, links:
– For more information about Whitetail Institute and their fall food plot options you can visit WhitetailInstitute.com
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!