Today on the show we’re joined by Brett Joy, an avid bowhunter from New Hampshire, and we’re talking about big woods hunting in the Northeast and traveling to bowhunt.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How the opening weekend hunt went for Dan
– The story of my opening night success in Michigan
– Who Brett Joy is
– Biggest difference between hunting in the Northeast compared to the Midwest
– How to start learning a new property in a big woods setting
– How Brett uses trail cameras in the Northeast
– Identifying bedding and feeding areas in the big woods
– How to hunt the big woods in the early season
– How deer use topographic features in hilly country
– What the rut is like in the northeast
– Tips for taking out-of-state hunts for whitetails
– How to time your hunting vacations
– And much, much more
Show notes, resources, links:
– Check out Brett’s videos and others at MidwestWhitetail.com
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!