Today on the show we’re joined by one of the top taxidermists in Michigan, Dan Weeks, and we’re grilling him about everything that we hunters have ever wanted to know from our taxidermists.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The latest from Dan’s final rut hunts of the season
– An introduction to our guest, Dan Weeks of Nature’s Pride Taxidermy
– What the report is so far on the 2015 Michigan firearm season, based on what’s coming in for taxidermist
– How to get into taxidermy
– What details matter when it comes to mounting a deer
– What hunters need to keep in mind when getting a deer from the field to a taxidermist, to ensure the best mount possible
– Advice on choosing the right mount or form for your deer
– How to care for your shoulder mount
– How to euro mount a deer
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!