Today on the show we are joined again by one of our favorite past guests, Hank Shaw, and we are diving deep into everything you need to know to take your venison cooking to the next level.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who won the Wired To Hunt trail camera contest
– What kind of kitchen tools should you should have to up our venison game
– What spices we should all have
– Recommended hunts for the best new wild game to add to your freezer
– Hank’s recommended preparations for a venison roast
– Different ideas for utilizing ground venison
– Cooking tips for venison meatballs, venison tartare, and meatloaf
– Venison soup and chili ideas
– Tips for great sauces and gravies
– How to make your own venison stock
– Best ways to prepare venison backstrap
– Venison jerky prep advice
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
–If you want to learn more about Hank Shaw or check out his recipes, visit honest-food.net
– If you’d like to learn more about Redneck Hay Bale Blinds, click here, and use promo code WIRED to get $200 off your purchase of a Sportsman Hay Bale Blind
– Visit WiredToHunt.com/holiday to enter of Holiday Sweepstakes! Make sure you listen to the end of this episode to get the code phrase needed to enter the sweepstakes!
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!