Today on the show we’re joined by Will Brantley, Field & Stream’s Hunting Editor, to talk Kentucky deer hunting, the different strategies and tactics that have worked well for him there, and the lessons he’s learned from other hunters across the country as part of his job.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Will Brantley is and how he got to be the Hunting Editor at Field & Stream
– How books help Will and I kill bucks
– What has made Kentucky such a great deer hunting state
– How to kill a buck in early September
– How to set up for day-of hunts
– Advice for hunting on the ground
– Early November advice for killing pre-rut bucks
– Hunting bedding or feeding areas during the rut – which is best?
– How Will uses trail cameras
– What do most of the great hunters that Will has met/learned from all have in common?
– The most common mistakes hunters make
– The importance of understanding your maximum effective range and not pushing it too far
– What the hunting media and hunters in general need to be careful about when it comes to representing ourselves to the non-hunting public
– The dangers of social media
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Head over to FieldandStream.com to see some of Will’s work and be sure to subscribe!
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!