Today on the show I’m joined champion tournament archer, outdoor writer and Nock On TV host John Dudley, and we’re diving into how we can improve our archery accuracy AND how to decoy whitetail bucks.
FYI – our “getting to know John” section of the conversation ran a little long, so if you’re already familiar with John and what he does, you can skip from about 6:00 to 25:00ish, and get right into the archery advice.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who John Dudley is and how he got to this point
– What archery gear and accesorries matter the most
– The importance of proper draw length and how to get that right
– Most common archery mistakes John sees average bowhunters making
– How to really get a “surprise release”
– Fixing target panic
– Dudley’s thoughts on shot sequence
– John’s recommended broadheads
– The best whitetail decoying story EVER
– How John Dudley set’s up a decoy hunting situation
– How often decoying actually works for John
– Calling while sitting over a decoy
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Click here to check out John’s video about adjusting draw length
– Get more info about John’s TV show and podcast by visiting his website here
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!