Today on the show we’re joined by Gordon Whittington of North American Whitetail magazine, and we’re discussing the challenges of hunting October bucks, some of the interesting differences in hunting certain regions of the country, and much more!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who is Gordon Whittington and how did he get to where he is now
– What Gordon thinks about the evolution of hunting media and our current big buck obsession
– Why do we get so fired up about big bucks?
– Is the October Lull real and why can October hunting be such a challenge?
– Should you hunt mid October or wait til the rut?
– What tactics can work in mid-October
– Are some of us hunting for the wrong reasons?
– What’s unique about hunting in Texas
– A few thoughts on high fence hunting
– Advice for hunting in Texas
– Rattling in Texas compared to the rest of the country
– Advice for hunting October bucks in the Southeast
– How to take the next step in your hunting success
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Carbon Express arrows, visit CarbonExpressArrows.com
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!