Today on the show we are joined by and talking deer hunting tactics with one of the very lucky few deer hunters who has ever made the cover of North American Whitetail magazine, and someone who has in fact made that cover three times with three different 200” bucks. And that is Sam Collora.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Sam Collora is and how he got into the hunting world
– What Iowa was like early in the days of the whitetail boom
– The story of “Shipwreck” from both Dan and Sam’s perspectives
– How Sam Collora killed the 200″ Shipwreck
– How Sam keeps bucks from running far after shooting them
– How Sam uses scents to aid in his hunting strategy
– What he’s learned about whitetail body language and why it matters
– The story of his first 200″ buck
– What mistakes Sam thinks most hunters make
– Sam’s take on scent control and minimizing pressure on deer
– What Sam does for habitat improvement
– A few thoughts on deer shedding their antlers
– What the best hunters Sam knows have in common
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sam and the scent-related products he sells, visit his website here
– And if you’re not already, become a member of the QDMA
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!