Today on the show we are chatting with outdoor writer PJ Reilly all about the specifics of hunting whitetails in the Northeast, off-season archery practice and a whole number of the other whitetail related lessons learned chasing deer across the country.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who PJ reilly is
– How PJ taught himself to hunt and the story of his first deer
– How to get better in “the moment of truth”
– The importance of shooting both 3D and regular targets
– Off-season archery practice recommendations
– What’s unique about the hunting situation in the Northeast
– The importance of setting realistic expectations
– Advice for hunting small properties
– Scouting on small properties
– Trail camera strategies in the Northeast
– The whitetail rut in the Northeast
– Calling techniques that might work in states like Pennsylvania and New York
– Stand placement strategies
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sam and the scent-related products he sells, visit his website here
– And if you’re not already, become a member of the QDMA
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!