Today on show we’re joined by Mike Beatty, a man who tagged one of the biggest free-range bucks ever killed with a bow, and a guy who still to this day is driven to find and kill big mature whitetails. In this episode he shares exactly how he does it.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– A quick introduction to who Mike Beatty is
– The story of how Mike Beatty killed the 294″ “Beatty Buck” – one of the largest bucks ever killed by a hunter with a bow
– The pros and cons of killing a buck that brings so much attention to you
– How Mike’s hunting tactics changed in the 17 years since killing his giant
– How Mike uses water holes to scout and hunt mature bucks
– Mike’s trailcam tactics
– How to handle access/exit when hunting in areas of little cover
– What goals Mike has now as a hunter
– Tactics for targeting a single specific buck
– Tree stand set-up thoughts
– Rut hunting tactics Mike uses
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Dave Skinner and the properties he has listed with Whitetail Properties, click this link
– To learn more about Hunterra’s new Mobile Map, visit Hunterra.com
– For more from Mike, visit Tagdout.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!