Today on show we’re joined by Eric Pysar, an electrician and avid deer hunter from New York who has taken the idea of a “rutcation” to a whole new level. Every year Eric drives to the Midwest for a multi-week multi-state DIY deer hunting trip and consistently comes home with multiple Pope & Young class bucks. In today’s episode he shares exactly how he does it.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– A quick introduction to who Eric Pysar is and how he got into hunting
– How Eric started heading out on DIY whitetail trips
– When Eric goes on his “rutcations” and where he likes to go
– What it’s like to go on one of Eric’s rutcations
– How Eric scouts when he begins his trips
– What Eric looks for when finding spots to set-up for bucks during the rut
– Eric’s plan for setting stands/being mobile
– Should you hunt all day or just part of the day on your rut trip?
– How Eric accesses locations that other hunters can’t
– Finding new properties to hunt while on DIY trips
– What factors Eric considers when planning his rutcation
– How to improve the affordability of a rut hunting trip
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Jeff Propst and the properties he has listed with Whitetail Properties, click this link
– To learn more about Hunterra’s new Mobile Map, visit Hunterra.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!