Today is the final part of our two-part 2018 review and in this episode Spencer and I review trends and observations about the 2018 deer hunting season across the country.
- Revisiting a few of the big takeaways from the 2017 season
- How the tough seasons of 2012-13 set us up for great times today
- The importance of this year’s mid-October cold front
- Impacts of the mast crop this year, or lack thereof
- The wet fall, how that changed things, and what we think about hunting in rain
- Did the moon in late October impact mature buck movement?
- Why there seems to be an increased amount of early shed bucks this year
- How mild late-season weather has made things more difficult for hunters lately